Battery Knob Earthworks
The fort was part of the defense of the town of Carthage.
In early 1863, federal forces under the command of Gen. George Crook built this small fort, which is listed in the National Register, as part of its defense of Carthage as a key river supply point. It is not open to the public.
Near intersection of Hospital Drive and Main Street