901 W. Maney Ave.
Murfreesboro, TN 37130
On the morning of July 13, 1862, Union Gen. Thomas T. Crittenden’s force at Murfreesboro was separated into three detachments. Col. William Duffield and the 9th Michigan Infantry were camped here at Oaklands, Lewis and Rachel Adeline Maney’s house, around Maney’s Spring. An infantry company guarded the courthouse in town, while an infantry regiment, a cavalry unit, and an artillery battery were camped on Stones River more than a mile northwest of the town.