The Christmas Parade has been a traditional Christmas in the City event in Knoxville for over 35 years. This timeless classic includes a selection of high school bands, dancers, colorful floats, animals, local celebrities, and national entertainers marching down historic Gay Street.
Friday, Dec. 7, 2012, at 7:00 p.m.
- Gay Street in Downtown Knoxville
- Emceed by CMT Live Cody Alan
- One of Knoxville's Christmas favorites
- Floats & decorated vehicles
- Marching bands & dancers
- Special appearance by Santa Claus!
- Live on WVLT
- Sponsored by WIVK, McGhee Tyson Airport, and WVLT Channel 8
The parade route is as follows: Howard Baker Jr. to Church Street, right onto Gay Street, right onto Jackson Ave. (Floats will continue over Gay St. Viaduct and conclude at Depot.)