The Tennessee Soybean Festival in Martin, Tennessee is one of several local festivals which occur each year throughout the state. Beginning the first week of September, the festival celebrates the historical impact of the soybean crop on the economics of West Tennessee and specifically the City of Martin. Each year the festival features several locally-oriented events, various concerts, the football home-opener for the University of Tennessee at Martin as well as a street fair.
The festival kicks off with the Mayor's Luncheon.
Listed are just a few of our events:
- Soybean Festival Talent Show
- Soybean Festival Parade
- WPSD-TV's "What's It Worth?" (Similar to Antiques Road Show)
- Soybean Festival Golf Tournament
- Street Fair
- Concerts (all concerts are FREE!!!)
- Chicken Crazy, Hog Wild Barbecue Cook Off (sponsored by Tyson)
- Soybean Festival 5k Run
- Soybean Festival Car & Bike Show
- Soybean Idol