Seven Moments in Tennessee
Growing up in Tennessee, I’ve been fortunate to have some of the best times right in my own backyard. Through family vacations, quick trips with friends and business outings, I’ve found myself at cool locales and events across the Volunteer State.
With all of that said, you can understand why it would be difficult for me to choose only one favorite Tennessee experience! So, here’s a list of my top seven favorite times in Tennessee:
- Grabbing a blanket and sprawling out on the grass with my pals at Nashville’s Live on the Green concert series. Soulful music artist, Citizen Cope, took the stage that night and we had a blast crooning along with the hundreds of other concert goers.
- Feeling my stomach leap into my throat as I careened down a kiddie coaster with my sister at Dollywood. I was seven years old at the time, but I’ll never forget how magical the park felt and how brave I felt soaring down the track.
- Staying at the Peabody Memphis during a business trip, my first big girl work trip and first time staying alone in a hotel room. The whole experience at the hotel, from watching the legendary march of the ducks to the impeccable décor, was so memorable. I may – or may not have – jumped on the big fluffy bed in glee.
- Sinking my teeth into the oh-so-delish fried chicken at Gus’s World Famous Fried Chicken in Memphis. Man, oh, man, was that chicken delicious! I’ve since become a vegetarian, but just a whiff of that fresh, sizzling chicken might convert me back to becoming a carnivore!
- Taking the Ober Gatlinburg Aerial Tramway during a quick trip to the Smokies with a few friends. I won’t forget that view and the vastness of the Great Smoky Mountains.
- Taking a gooey bite of the scrumptious Pesto Grilled Cheese sandwich at Forte’s on the Square in Crossville. A group of us happened to stumble upon this quaint restaurant and I’m so glad we did. Cheese + Pesto = Perfection.
- Taking a stroll along Chattanooga’s wonderful riverfront and taking pictures of the city’s sights.
Enough about me, what are your favorite Tennessee experiences? Any of those sound familiar? Or, do you have your own twist on some of the awesome things to do in Tennessee? Fill us in on the comment section. We’d love to hear all about your faves to do in Tennessee!