Address and Phone:
5350 Main St.
Spring Hill, TN 37174
Founded in 1892 as Branham & Hughes School for Boys by William Hughes and William C. Branham, Branham & Hughes became a military academy in 1918. Although established for boys, the school did admit a few female students until 1918. The lower school, dropped in 1917, was reestablished in 1922 as college entrance requirements grew stricter and was intended to take "young boys at the most impressionable period of their young lives, when they are permeated with so much enthusiasm and energy, and attempt to guide them safely into virile young manhood” (from Branham & Hughes yearbook, 1926).
Both founders taught at several private institutions in Tennessee, including the Wallace School and the Webb School. Branham taught at Vanderbilt. Hughes graduated from the Webb School and Vanderbilt. The school lasted until the early 1930s when the economic pressures of the Great Depression forced it to close.
Get turn-by-turn direction using the interactive map above.
Looking for a day of fun and frolic? Here's a quick list of nearby attractions that you may enjoy.