Address and Phone:
, TN 00000
Phone: (800) 799-6131
At Estell Springs (Allisonia during the war) there is a railroad bridge which was the site of the crossing of some of the Army of Tennessee. Also located there is a historical marker for the Camp Harris site, a Confederate training camp named after Tennessee’s wartime governor, Isham G. Harris a Franklin County native.
Decherd is the site of the engagement between Forrest and Wilder, which is now entirely covered by the town of Decherd.
Winchester - The house located at 309 1st Avenue was the headquarters for General Rosecrans during July of 1863. The duplex apartment locate at 206 3rd Avenue was the former home of General A.P. Stewart, the commander of the remnant of the Army of Tennessee at its last battle, Bentonville, North Carolina. A historical marker can also be found about Peter Turney, former Tennessee Governor and active secessionist. He raised a regiment, the First Tennessee Infantry that fought with the Army of Northern Virginia.
Get turn-by-turn direction using the interactive map above.
Looking for a day of fun and frolic? Here's a quick list of nearby attractions that you may enjoy.