Learn more about Muddy Roots Music Fest 2019.
From the outside looking in, one may look at the lineup of The Muddy Roots Festival for example, and wonder how an iconic hard core punk band from California like Black Flag, a hillbilly punk freak from Tennessee like Joe Buck, a golden-throated singer from Michigan like Rachel Brooke, a crazy hellbilly songwriter from the Pacific Northwest like Bob Wayne, a classic country singer/songwriter from times past like Red Simpson, and a blues legend from Missisippi like LC Ulmer could all be booked right beside each other and it work seamlessly.
This illustrates the dramatic sonic and geographical diversity that goes into creating what we know now as the underground country roots, or “Muddy Roots” world. Below is a list of the disparate origins of Muddy Roots music that came together from a mutual understanding and appreciation of the roots of American music, and the epicenters where this music originated from and/or is thriving today.
It‘s three days of music, camping, vendors. From punk to traditional country, you will find something (if not everything) that you will love. Come spend your Labor Day weekend with a whole lot of cool people. Located at the June Bug Boogie Ranch in Cookeville, TN., with free camping and hot showers.
There is one main rule that should be kept in mind —at all times:
“Don‘t be a JERK.”
Before doing anything please ask yourself if what you are about to do is something a JERK would do. If so, kindly stop. That could mean sneaking in, stealing anything, driving drunk, being rude to performers and well you get the point. (Anybody caught sneaking people in will get the whole car load kicked out. No tolerance for stealing from your favorite festival and bands.)
- NO PETS ALLOWED ANYWHERE ON THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS.
- No firearms, knives, and weapons.
- No bad attitudes. Violators will be asked to leave.
- No Golf Carts or ATV‘s
- Unauthorized vending is not permitted.
- NO illegal drugs, weapons, or fireworks are allowed on the festival grounds. Violators will be ejected from the facility and subject to prosecution under local, state, and federal laws.
- Underage drinking is strictly prohibited.
- Park only in designated parking areas. If your vehicle is found in an unauthorized area it will be towed to the on site tow lot and a fee will be assessed.
- NO GLASS PLEASE
- Respect the environment. Please use trash and recycling bins provided by the festival.
- Please be respectful of your neighbors and consider their comfort.
- HAVE FUN . It‘s an official rule!
115 Waterloo Rd.
Cookeville, TN 38506