Discover Franklin County
Plan your trip today! Download the Discovery Tour Sheet to find special offers for your personal tour of a Retire TN community.
Southern Regional Health System
- Southern Regional Health System
- 131 hospital beds and 26 skilled care/nursing beds
- Southern Tennessee Regional Health System-Sewanee
- United States Veteran Medical Day Clinic - Arnold Air Force Base
- Veteran Regional Hospital - Alvin C. York Campus, Murfreesboro
Boating on Tim’s Ford Lake
- Tim’s Ford State Park
- Tim’s Ford Lake: 10,700 acres regarded as a top bass fishing lake
- David R. Bean Swimplex
- Bear Trace Golf Course, a Jack Nicklaus Signature Course
- University of the South, known as Sewanee
- Cowan Railroad Museum
Shopping in Winchester
Winchester, a designated Tennessee Main Street, is a must-see with lots of shopping on the square. Antiques, jewelry, clothing, ladies boots, hats, several restaurants, and a unique coffee shop can be found in our historic downtown. With five cities and the Village of Sewanee, you will find plenty to explore in Franklin County.
“We moved to Winchester to get out of the heat of Florida. When we got here, it was like the home where we grew up in the mid-west. Everything is terrific. It’s a very friendly county.”
Dave Van Buskirk from Clearwater Beach, FL
Examples of Living in Franklin
Franklin County is located in Middle Tennessee, one of the state's three grand divisions. Franklin County was formed December 1807, named for Benjamin Franklin, and is located about halfway between Chattanooga, Nashville and Huntsville. A notable early settler was frontiersman Davy Crockett.