Discover Hamblen County
Plan your trip today! Download the Discovery Tour Sheet to find special offers for your personal tour of a Retire TN community.
Morristown-Hamblen Healthcare System
- Lakeway Regional part of the Tennova Healthcare System
- Morristown-Hamblen Healthcare System (MHHS) part of Covenant Health with 325 beds total and 115 physicians
- Regional cancer and stroke centers
- Out-patient mental health facility and VA out-patient facility
- The James H. Quillen VA Medical Center is located an hour away near Johnson City, Tennessee
Croquet with Neighbors
- Panther Creek State Park and Cherokee Park
- Cherokee and Douglas Lake
- 13 city parks and greenways
- Three golf courses
- Four championship-caliber disc golf courses
- Hiking and biking trails
- Morristown County Club
Annual Mountain Makins’ Festival
Morristown offers an eclectic mix of shopping opportunities with the College Square Mall that is booming. Three antique malls, clothing boutiques, a bakery, a jeweler, and various specialty and gift shops in the historic downtown area. Morristown is also a Certified Tennessee Main Street Community. Neighborhood shopping centers are plentiful with just about anything you’d want or need.
“I was a fourth-generation Floridian and in my sixties— and wanted the adventure of living in a different climate and culture than I had always known. I love looking at the mountain range from my front porch and especially love the dear friends I have made through the many organizations with which I volunteer.”
Examples of Living in Hamblen County
Healthcare is high on the list for what we look for in a retirement community, and Hamblen County has noteworthy facilities. Morristown-Hamblen Healthcare System (MHHS) serves an eight-county region with six Centers of Excellence.