Discover Hamblen County
Plan your trip today! Download the Discovery Tour Sheet to find special offers for your personal tour of a Retire TN community.
Morristown-Hamblen Healthcare System
Morristown-Hamblen Healthcare System (MHHS)
- 190 beds and 23 emergency suites
- “A” Hospital Safety Score by The Leapfrog Group
- Regional cancer and stroke centers
- “Top Performer” designation by The Joint Commission
- The James H. Quillen VA Medical Center is located an hour away near Johnson City, Tennessee
VA Facility in Morristown
Croquet with Neighbors
- Panther Creek State Park and Cherokee Park
- Cherokee and Douglas Lake
- 13 city parks and greenways
- Three golf courses
- Crockett Tavern Museum
- Rose Center for the Arts
- Five Disc Golf Courses
- Historic Downtown Morristown
Annual Mountain Makins’ Festival
Hamblen County offers outstanding shopping and dining; a cultural arts center; summer outdoor concert series; festivals and events; hiking, biking, and walking trails; and great fishing on two lakes.
“I was a fourth-generation Floridian and in my sixties— and wanted the adventure of living in a different climate and culture than I had always known. I love looking at the mountain range from my front porch and especially love the dear friends I have made through the many organizations with which I volunteer.”
Examples of Living in Hamblen County
Healthcare is high on the list for what we look for in a retirement community, and Hamblen County has noteworthy facilities. Morristown-Hamblen Healthcare System (MHHS) serves an eight-county region with six Centers of Excellence.