Discover Henderson County
Plan your trip today! Download the Discovery Tour Sheet to find special offers for your personal tour of a Retire TN community.
Henderson County Community Hospital
- A 45-bed facility offers emergency, diagnostic imaging, surgical and rehabilitation services
- Fully accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- Memphis VA Medical Center is a 1.5 hour drive from Lexington
- After completing an application with the Memphis Center, patients can be treated at the Jackson VA Clinic, only 30 minutes away
Beech Lake in Lexington
- Natchez Trace State Park with 13.5 miles of hiking trails
- Beech River Cultural Museum
- Parkers Crossroads Battlefield: Walk in the footsteps of Civil War Soldiers or take a self-guided driving tour at the Visitors Center
- Home of seven lakes including Beech Lake
- Beech Lake Family Camping Resort
Shopping in Lexington
Spend a day shopping in quaint specialty shops and boutiques. Be sure to visit Scott’s-Parker’s Barbeque, named one of the “Top Barbecue Joints in the South” by Southern Living.
“We decided to retire in Lexington, Tennessee because of the many lakes and the closeness of the Tennessee River. It is also only a day’s drive to the Atlantic and to the Gulf of Mexico. We enjoy good services from city and county government with reasonable taxes. We have excellent health care facilities and providers close. Henderson County is a great place to live!”
Examples of Living in Henderson County
Lakes and livability are buzzwords in this West Tennessee locale. Located near I-40, centrally between Memphis and Nashville, Henderson County boasts small-town charm, scenic countryside and Southern graciousness.