Discover Jefferson County
Plan your trip today! Download the Discovery Tour Sheet to find special offers for your personal tour of a Retire TN community.
Tennova Jefferson Memorial Hospital
- Tennova Jefferson Memorial Hospital
- 200 affiliated physicians
- $3.2 million dollar building expansion
- Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals
- Everest Award Winner
- “20 Best Community Hospitals in America” - Becker’s Hospital Review
- Douglas and Cherokee Lakes
- Five beautiful and challenging golf courses
- Within one hour of hiking and biking trails in the Great Smoky
- Mountain National Park
- River Glen Equestrian Park
- Concerts and lectures at Carson Newman University
Shopping in Dandridge
Tennessee’s second oldest town, a Certified TN Main Street Community, Dandridge takes pride in its downtown district, which includes Tinsley-Bible Drugs with a working soda fountain, as well as quaint shops, restaurants and four restored taverns that formerly served stagecoach travelers.
“After more than 40 years in Chicago, I no longer dread winter. I now have the ability to enjoy being outside all year long in Jefferson County. The weather is wonderful and the fishing is great. We originally visited Jefferson County for a lake vacation 10 years ago. We always said we would retire on Douglas lake as soon as we could—now our dream has come true!”
Jim S. from Chicago
Examples of Living in Jefferson County
Jefferson County has an excellent transportation infrastructure, located at the intersection of I-40 and I-81.