Discover Monroe County
Plan your trip today! Download the Discovery Tour Sheet to find special offers for your personal tour of a Retire TN community.
Sweetwater Hospital Association
- General Surgery, Internal Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery
- 59-bed, acute care
- Also in close proximity of other medical facilities across the region such as University of Tennessee, Blount Memorial, Fort Sanders, Erlanger and Tenova
45 Miles to VA Facility
Bald River Falls
- Ft. Loudoun State Historic Park
- Tellico Lake and Tellico River
- Rarity Bay Golf Course
- Kahite Golf Course
- Cherokee National Forest
- Tsali Notch Vineyard, largest commercial vineyard in TN
- 189 miles of hiking trails
- The Lost Sea Adventure
- Blooms, Bluegrass & BBQ Festival
- National Muscadine Festival
- Cherohala Skyway Festival
Bakery in Tellico Plains
Sweetwater, a Tennessee Main Street Community, offers a year-round nostalgic shopping experience, along with the charm and friendliness of a picture-perfect, small, southern town.
“A rare piece of heaven sitting on the water with spectacular mountain views. Rarity Bay means to us beauty, relaxation, scenic views and friendly neighbors.”
Examples of Living in Monroe County
Monroe County welcomes you home with miles of shoreline and outdoor recreation, easily accessible modern amenities and an average population of 45,771 combined with a low cost of living. We enjoy four glorious seasons that afford us gorgeous gardens, road trips and a rich diversity of sporting life.