Discover Putnam County
Plan your trip today! Download the Discovery Tour Sheet to find special offers for your personal tour of a Retire TN community.
Cookeville Regional Medical Center
- Cookeville Regional Medical Center offers 247 beds
- Specialty centers, including heart, cancer, women’s health, imaging, sleep, rehabilitation, diabetes, and neurosciences.
- More than 200 physicians representing 40 medical and surgical specialties
- Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence by HealthGrades
Highway 70 in Monterey
- World-renowned culinary scene
- 14 Tennessee State Parks & Natural Areas
- Three Army Corps lakes
- Art prowls and studio tours
- Wine, Shine & Stein tours
- History walks/depot hopping
- Tennessee Tech University
- NCAA games
- Bryan Symphony Orchestra
- Performing Arts Center
- Seven golf courses
- Driving/motorcycling tours
Shopping in Cookeville
A Tennessee Main Street community, Cookeville consistently ranks among the Top 10 Most Affordable Communities per the Council for Community and Economic Research’s Cost of Living Index. Boasting national retailers, Cookeville, along with the charming towns of Algood, Baxter, and Monterey, also offers opportunities for antiquing and boutiquing.
“For us, it was more than just the weather and relaxing lifestyle. It was about the people. The hospitality here is what really sold us on moving to Cookeville.”
Victoria, New Jersey
Examples of Living in Putnam County
The Cookeville-Putnam County and Highlands region offer unprecedented quality of life. Surrounded by rolling hills and scenic landscapes, Cookeville-Putnam County offers a blend of small-town southern hospitality and big-city amenities, making it the ideal place to live, work, play, raise a family and retire. The housing market and cost of living are among the most affordable in the Southeast.