Discover Unicoi County
Plan your trip today! Download the Discovery Tour Sheet to find special offers for your personal tour of a Retire TN community.
Unicoi County Memorial Hospital
- 15 minutes from the U.S. Veteran’s Affairs Medical Center
- Strong regional hospital medical system (+1,000 physicians)
- New Unicoi County Memorial Hospital
Appalachian Trail in Carter County
- 5 points of access to hike 50+ miles on the Appalachian Trail
- Erwin Linear Trail
- Pinnacle Tower Trail
- Rocky Fork Falls, Red Fork Falls, Spivey Falls, Upper Creek Falls are only a few in the county, with numerous more amid the three National Forests within region
- New 2,036 acre scenic wilderness Rocky Fork State Park
Newly reconstructed Downtown Erwin offers independently-owned shops that feature antiques, collectables, vintage clothing and restaurants. Department store and major chain shopping is only 15 minutes away on I-26 in Johnson City.
“After a full career in the U.S. Navy, having lived in both Hawaii and California, Unicoi County has become home. I can hike throughout our mountains or along the Appalachian Trail, participate in outdoor sports, relax in the garden we began on our small farm, or golf with a small group of friends, and only be minutes away from everything that we might need in a growing metro region. We are home and happy to be here in the green, cool Appalachian Mountains.”
U.S. Navy Sailor, Retired
Examples of Living in Unicoi County
Unicoi County offers excellent transportation access, providing metropolitan amenities only minutes away in a region of 509,000 people. Tri-Cities Regional Airport serves the region with direct flights all day and evening to Atlanta and Charlotte for connecting national and international flight service. Residents of Unicoi often remark that they are living in the middle of breathtaking mountain views every day—all within minutes of metropolitan amenities and outstanding healthcare.