Meyers Training Camp
3416 Byrdstown Highway
Monroe, TN 38570
Near here was located Camp Myers, one of two Confederate training camps established in Overton County in the opening months of 1861. Once Tennessee left the Union in June 1861 Camp Myers was established for a dual purpose. One purpose was to serve as a training camp for men recruited locally for Confederate service. The second was to serve as a permanent military post which would help secure the border against raids from Kentucky and to suppress the activities of pro-Union residents of Overton and Fentress counties.
- Served as both Confederate training camp and protection against border raids.