136 East Main Street
Gallatin, TN 0Phone:
This National Register-listed antebellum carriage factory, now being used for apartments, served as barracks for occupying Federal forces during the Reconstruction era. The army leased the building in 1867 and turned it into apartments, a commissary, a store house, and an ordinance department. Parts of the 5th U.S. Cavalry and the 45th U.S. Infantry were stationed at the barracks. Not open to the public.