Cordova Museum is a small museum and genealogical research center in Shelby County, Tennessee. The Museum is located in the first permanent schoolhouse building of this area, erected in 1913 by the prestigious firm Jones and Furbringer. The school closed in 1973 and was used for storage by Shelby County throughout the following twelve years. In 1985, after seeing a for sale sign and fearing the building would be torn down, the citizens of the community purchased the vacant building and paid it off through various fundraising events over the next five years, forming a non-profit 501[C](3) organization, Cordova Community Center. With some of the items still remaining in the building, a museum evolved in one of the old classrooms with many of the school and town artifacts. In 1995 the building was added to the National Register of Historic Places.