Pioneer Hall was the second of the buildings of the Pleasant Hill Academy. It was built in 1887 to be used as a dormitory for students. Reverend Benjamin Dodge, the organizer of the school, had already built the Pleasant Hill Academy Building which comprised of classrooms and a chapel for worship. Soon would-be students from all over the area wanted to attend the school, which was started by the American Missionary Association of Boston, MA. After the Civil War, this organization made the commitment to open 500 schools in this country to educate those who could not otherwise afford schooling.
Wednesdays 10am - 4pm
Sundays 2pm - 5 pm
or call 931 277-5313 for appointment
For the most up-to-date hours and information, please contact Pioneer Hall Museum directly.