To enrich the quality of life of all citizens of Obion County by revitalizing the economy, enhancing the historical charm and preserving the architectural heritage of the downtown business district of Union City.
The staff, board and numerous volunteers work to uphold the mission of the Main Street organization. A governing board of directors and standing committees make up the fundamental organizational structure of Main Street Union City, Inc. Many projects are volunteer-driven revitalization programs. Volunteers are coordinated and supported by a paid program director. This structure not only divides the workload and clearly delineates responsibilities, but also builds consensus and cooperation among the various stakeholders.
Main Street Union City, Inc. is a Tennessee Main Street® program. Requirements are awarded designation at the state level. Main Street Union City, Inc. meets these accreditation standards by providing:
• Broad-based community support for the revitalization effort, including a strong commitment from the municipal government, Chamber of Commerce and various private sector organizations
• Effective mission and vision statements
• A comprehensive annual work plan grounded in the Four-Point Approach®
• A preservation ethic as it relates to downtown revitalization
• An active board of directors and committees
• Sufficient and sustainable finances (operating budget)
• A paid, professional manager/director
• Participation in on-going training and education
• Accurate reporting of annual reinvestment statistics (new jobs, new businesses, etc.)
• Current membership with the National Main Street Center
For the most up-to-date hours and information, please contact Main Street Union City directly.