Learn more about Douglass-Clark House.
This home, originally owned by Elmore Douglass, served as one of the earliest courthouses in Sumner County between 1788-1790. Attorney General Andrew Jackson practiced at the home during his early law career on the western frontier. The home was later occupied by William and Emma (Douglass) Clark and their ten children. When the Civil War broke out in 1861, four of the Clark sons enlisted to fight on behalf of the Confederate cause. Of the four Clark brothers that enlisted, only one Clark boy returned home alive after the war's end in 1865.
The Douglass-Clark House serves as a historic site as well as an interpretative center. The site is open Tuesdays-Saturdays between 9:00am-4:30pm for daily tours. Admission is free. The Douglass-Clark House is located on the trailhead for the Station Camp Creek Greenway, which is also free and open to the public.
For the most up-to-date hours and information, please contact Douglass-Clark House directly.
2115 Long Hollow Pike
Gallatin, TN 37066
Tuesdays - Saturdays
Closed Sundays and Mondays
More dates to be added soon.