The museum features WWII memorabilia, including a large collection of authentic pieces from the USS Tennessee. Jim Barna Log Systems of Oneida donated the log structure. First National Bank donated $5,000 toward the building's construction, built by the Trades and Industry class at Scott High School.
Paul and Karen Dawson established the WWII Remembrance Museum in East Liberty, Ohio in 2001, and donated most of the contents for the new exhibit. The Dawsons, after learning about the ship's bell already being in Scott County from local newspaperman and historian Paul Roy, decided to move the museum here. The ship's bell was erected at the Scott County Courthouse in 1977.
The U.S.S. Tennessee was commissioned in 1920 and was damaged at Pearl Harbor. The ship continued to serve, taking part in at least thirteen campaigns. The ship was restored in 1947, but was later scrapped in 1959.