In the heart of the Southern Blue Ridge Mountains about an hour east of Chattanooga, Tennessee, lies the tiny community of RELIANCE. Perched on the banks of the Hiwassee River, Reliance serves as a gateway to hundreds of miles of incredibly scenic gravel roads in the Cherokee National Forest, and we're excited to showcase this outdoor mecca with a weekend of DEEP WOODS GRAVEL GRINDING FUN April 27th & 28th!
MUSIC! PRIZES! FOOD! BEER! CAMPING!
What is RELIANCE:
- Part Rec Ride: Three route options with post-ride food and beer both Saturday & Sunday.
- Part Stage Race: Two days of gravel racing totaling 120 miles and 15,000 ft of climbing.
- Part Time Trial: A 19-mile timed loop with 2500 feet of climbing included in Saturday's race.
- Part KOM Challenge: An 11-mile timed climb with 2200 feet of climbing included in Sunday's race.
What to Expect:
- Amazing Scenery
- Grassroots Camaraderie
- Good Food & Tasty Beer!
What NOT to expect:
- Flat Roads
- Easy Routes
- Champagne Gravel
- 25 miles, 2900 feet of climbing, 70% gravel, untimed rec route
- 45 miles, 6100 feet of climbing, 85% gravel, untimed rec route
- 65 miles, 8600 feet of climbing, 90% gravel, timed race route, includes timed loop
- 25 miles, 2900 feet of climbing, 60% gravel, untimed rec route
- 35 miles, 4000 feet of climbing, 70% gravel, untimed rec route
- 55 miles, 6400 feet of climbing, 60% gravel, timed race route, includes timed climb
Prizes & Awards will be presented for each day's race route, each day's timed segment, and the overall lowest combined time for both days.
ALL riders will have access to well stocked aid stations on the routes and will enjoy post-ride food, beer and festivities both Saturday and Sunday after the rides!
Registration for the event is capped at 200 total riders with no more than 150 male participants.
For the most up-to-date hours and information, please contact RELIANCE: Tennessee Gravel directly.