The Cumberland Iron Works Museum: Known originally as the Grimes House, is a double pen log structure built ca. 1850. The museum is operated by the Cumberland Furnace Historic Village Association. In 1988, the Cumberland Iron works and village was placed on the National Register of Historic Places. Today the community has a small iron museum and is a stop on the Tennessee Iron Furnace Trail on the Western Highland Rim. For more information about the Tennessee Iron Furnace Trail go to http://histpres.mtus.edu/histpres
For the most up-to-date hours and information, please contact Cumberland Furnace Historic District directly.