Learn more about The New Southern Building.
This restored historical New Southern Building, originally built in 1927, stands on land that was first mentioned in the records of Jackson, Tennessee, in 1823, which was deeded at the time to James Greer. In 1862, the house which had been constructed there was home to the 11th Illinois Division and Colonel Marsh, afterwards it served as a hotel. The property changed hands several times, and the New Southern Hotel building today is on the National Register of Historical Places. The building is an amazing landmark in downtown Jackson, with the first two floors serving as commercial space. The original lobby is available to be rented for special events, such as weddings, receptions, galas, class reunions. Floors three through eight are apartments.
The 1,983-square-foot lobby can accommodate up to 300 for receptions and 100 for banquets. The building has attached catering area, restrooms and offers free parking after 4 p.m. and all weekend. Tables and chairs, for an additional fee, are available for your event.