Learn more about Nolensville Feed Mill.
The Historic Feed Mill is now an Amish Country Market and welcome center for Nolensville Tennessee. Come enjoy Amish Baked goods such as pies, fried pies, cookies, Amish friendship bread, sticky buns, sweet rolls and other great Amish items such as Amish dry cured bacon, ring bologna, pickles, jams, pickled eggs, mustard, bread mixes, candy and more. The Feed Mill is over 122 years old. Stop on in and take a look at the old photos of the Mill, Barn and Creamery Buildings. The Creamery was the #1 producer of butter in the 1930's. The creamery produced 600 Lb blocks of homemade butter back in the day. We have Local Tennessee made Amish Baskets, Rolling pins, Toys, Amish Clothing and more. In addition to the Amish products, we also have local baked goods from the best of the best in our local community.
Feed Mill History 1890 - Originally owned and operated by the Jordan family, the mill was bought and moved to Nolensville in 1890 by a group of stock holders. Dr. David Rice Gooch, among the original stockholders, later purchased half of the stock in the mill company (a 50 barrel flour mill with a 48-inch grinding stone). In 1916, S. C. Battle purchased the remaining stock to become partners with Dr. Gooch. In 1920, Owen Allen Gooch, son of Dr. David Rice Gooch, bought S. C. Battle's shares to become half owner. On October 2, 1932, Owen Allen Gooch bought the remaining shares from his father to become sole proprietor. The original mill burned in 1933 and was rebuilt with the intentions of producing flour, but with the demand for flour decreasing, the mill was primarily used for manufacturing feed and still is in 2005. Owen Allen Gooch retired in 1959 and sold the business to his son David Allen Gooch. Other owners over the years include Mark Stinson and currently Darin Scheff.