Church of the Messiah-Episcopal
Erected in 1887 through the liberality of Daniel C. Carter and Governor John C. Brown, the building was consecrated December 7 by Bishop Quientard. He proclaimed, "To the glory of God and the memory of Miss Daisy Brown and Mrs. Marie Brown McMillion, deceased daughters for the Governor Brown." Most of the furniture and ornaments are memorials.
For the most up-to-date hours and information, please contact Church of the Messiah directly.