Discover Anderson County
Plan your trip today! Download the Discovery Tour Sheet to find special offers for your personal tour of a Retire TN community.
Methodist Medical Center of Oak Ridge
- Methodist Medical Center with 301 beds
- More than 175 physicians
- 30 Medical & Surgical Specialties
- Named No. 1 Hospital in the Knoxville Metro Area in 2011-2012
- Best Hospital Ranking of U.S. News & World Report
- 16 award-winning regional medical centers within 20 miles
- Health care costs 8% below the national average
- VA hospital in nearby Knoxville
Fly Fishing on the Clinch River
- Norris Lake: 800 miles of shoreline, boating, fishing
- Clinch River: world renowned fly fishing, kayaking, canoeing
- Windrock Park: 72,000 acres of OHV trails and mountain biking
- Norris Dam State Park: hiking, bird watching, kayaking, horseback riding, swimming, paddle boarding, tennis, biking
- Melton Hill Lake: greenways, biking, kayaking, golf
Antique District in Clinton
Stroll down Market Street in downtown Clinton and visit the largest antique district in Tennessee. Visit the Museum of Appalachia and their great collection of Made in the U.S. and Made in Tennessee items. For locally made crafts, visit the Appalachian Arts Craft Center in Norris. In Oak Ridge, visit Historic Jackson Square with various shops, studios, galleries and items from local artists.
“Large town shopping nearby, Norris Lake, the Clinch River and lots of history, museums and festivals are a few reasons we are very happy we have retired here in Anderson County, Tennessee!”
Chuck & Judy, Ohio
Examples of Living in Anderson County
With an average population of 75,129, Anderson County offers an attractive cost of living that is below the national average, at less than 10%. The county boasts livability at its best—lake, mountain, farmland or other picturesque settings, all with city conveniences.