Discover Hamilton County
Plan your trip today! Download the Discovery Tour Sheet to find special offers for your personal tour of a Retire TN community.
Chattanooga Bike Share
- Four hospitals based in Chattanooga
- Erlanger Health System, 7th largest public hospital in the U.S.
- Erlanger is the tristate region’s only Level One Trauma Center
- Catholic Health Initiatives, Memorial Health Care System
- Parkridge Health System and award-winning orthopedics
- Kindred Hospital: 49-bed, long-term, acute-care facility
Hunter Museum of American Art
- Chickamauga Chattanooga National Military Park
- Three state parks, six county parks and 13 major city parks
- 17 area golf courses
- Chattanooga Sunday Market
- 13-mile Riverwalk + Bike Share
- Hunter Museum of American Art
- Riverbend Music Festival
- Historic Lookout Mountain
- Tennessee Aquarium
- Rock City Gardens & Ruby Falls
Tennessee’s largest shopping mall, Hamilton Place, is conveniently located off I-75 in Chattanooga. Warehouse Row Shoppes downtown offer high-end shopping, while NorthShore and SouthSide Shopping Districts are home to the best, locally-owned shops.
“After many years of stopping in Chattanooga on the way to Florida, Jim and I decided to check out the retirement options. We love the downtown living, proximity, and super friendly people. We are proud to call Chattanooga home.”
Jim and Brenda from Columbus, OH
Examples of Living in Hamilton County
Rich in history and blessed with scenic beauty, Hamilton County and Chattanooga offers a bounty of cultural and recreational activities as well as a thriving business center. The region is known for friendly locals and natural beauty with its river and mountains.