Discover Hamilton County
Plan your trip today! Download the Discovery Tour Sheet to find special offers for your personal tour of a Retire TN community.
Chattanooga Bike Share
Four hospitals based in Chattanooga
- Erlanger Health System
- 840 beds and the 10th largest public healthcare system in the U.S.
- Erlanger is the tristate region’s only Level One Trauma Center
- Catholic Health Initiatives, Memorial Health Care System
- Parkridge Health System and award-winning orthopedics
- Kindred Hospital: 49-bed, long-term, acute-care facility
VA Facility located in Chattanooga
Hunter Museum of American Art
- Chickamauga Chattanooga National Military Park
- Chattanooga Choo Choo
- 17 area golf courses
- 13-mile Riverwalk + Bike Share
- Historic Lookout Mountain
- Tennessee Aquarium
- Rock City Gardens & Ruby Falls
Riverbend Festival in Chattanooga
- Riverbend Music Festival
- Moon River Festival
- NightFall Free Concert Series
Chattanooga has a wealth of local specialty shops downtown, one of the largest malls in Tennessee, as well as a variety of farmers markets in different areas around town. Check out our Sunday Market, too.
“After many years of stopping in Chattanooga on the way to Florida, Jim and I decided to check out the retirement options. We love the downtown living, proximity, and super friendly people. We are proud to call Chattanooga home.”
Jim and Brenda from Columbus, OH
Examples of Living in Hamilton County
Rich in history and blessed with scenic beauty, Hamilton County and Chattanooga offers a bounty of cultural and recreational activities as well as a thriving business center. The region is known for friendly locals and natural beauty with its river and mountains.