Discover Roane County
Plan your trip today! Download the Discovery Tour Sheet to find special offers for your personal tour of a Retire TN community.
Roane Medical Center
- Roane Medical Center
- 54 private rooms, 15 emergency suites
- RMC continues to be recognized as ‘Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®’ by the Joint Commission
- Roane County has a Veterans Outpatient Clinic
Watts Bar Lake
- 39,000-acre Watts Bar Lake
- 16,000 acres of recreation
- Five golf, two disc golf courses
- Three full service marinas
- Live music every week
- Equestrian facilities
- Manhattan Project Park
- Whitestone Country Inn & Day Spa
- Caney Creek RV Resort
- Cornstalk Heights Historic District
Shop any of our downtowns for locally owned boutiques, charming antique shops, and even old-fashioned soda fountains.
“After several years of averaging six weeks a year looking at waterfront property, we nally discovered our ideal property in Roane County.”
Examples of Living in Roane County
It’s all about the beauty and recreation here. Whether you’re on Watts Bar Lake or the surrounding Cumberland Mountain Plateau, there’s the backdrop of Great Smoky Mountains National Park, the Tennessee Valley and the four distinct seasons.