Learn more about The Homefront Tea Room.
Attention all tea lovers:
TVRM’s Homefront Tea Room, A Tea in the Depot Experience has opened for the 2023 season
A unique and unforgettable experience that combines a full high tea with a train ride on the Missionary Ridge Local.
The Homefront Tea Room experience includes a full high tea complete with savory and sweet items, fresh baked scones, and a selection of delectable teas along with a 65-minute train ride.
Book your tickets now and join us for The Homefront Tea Room, A Tea in the Depot Experience. You'll start your day at 11:00 am with a 75 minute tea seating in the upstairs viewing room of the Grand Junction Depot, located at 4119 Cromwell Road, Chattanooga, TN. The train ride to follow will last roughly 65-minutes, taking you over four bridges, through a pre-civil war era tunnel, tour of our restoration shop and a demonstration of the turntable.
The total time of this experience is 2 hours and 30 minutes, making it a perfect way to spend a leisurely afternoon with friends, family, or a loved one. Each ticket is priced at $55 per person and includes the full high tea and the train ride.
Don't miss this incredible opportunity! Reservations are required to secure your spot for The Homefront Tea Room, A Tea in the Depot Experience. Book now and create memories that will last a lifetime.
**Reservations are required
6/23/2023, 6/24/2023, 6/25/2023, 6/30/2023, 7/2/2023, 7/7/2023, 7/8/2023, 7/9/2023, 7/14/2023, 7/15/2023, 7/16/2023, 7/21/2023, 7/22/2023, 7/23/2023, 7/28/2023, 7/29/2023, 7/30/2023, 8/4/2023, 8/5/2023, 8/6/2023, 8/11/2023, 8/12/2023, 8/13/2023, 8/18/2023, 8/19/2023, 8/20/2023, 8/25/2023, 8/26/2023, 8/27/2023, 9/1/2023, 9/2/2023, 9/3/2023, 9/8/2023, 9/9/2023, 9/10/2023, 9/15/2023, 9/16/2023, 9/17/2023, 9/22/2023, 9/23/2023, 9/24/2023, 9/29/2023, 9/30/2023, 10/1/2023, 10/6/2023, 10/7/2023, 10/8/2023, 10/13/2023, 10/14/2023, 10/15/2023, 10/20/2023, 10/21/2023, 10/22/2023, 10/27/2023, 10/28/2023, 10/29/2023
Selections of Teas ***
- Masala Chai Tea: Classic black tea blended with traditional spices. Organic black tea, organic cinnamon, organic cardamom, organic ginger root, organic black pepper, and organic cloves.
- Earl Grey Lavender: Combination of select lavender blossoms with a bright citrusy scent. Organic black tea, organic lavender flowers, essential bergamot oil, and natural lavender extract.
- Cinnamon Plum: Deliciously fruity with a deep crimson infusion and simmering sweet spicy finish. Organic cinnamon, organic hibiscus flowers, organic currants, organic licorice root, and natural plum flavor.
- Hibiscus Berry: A radiant blend of rosehips, currants, and elderberries with a rejuvenating botanical finish. Organic rosehips, organic hibiscus flowers, organic currants, organic apples, organic elderberries, natural blueberry flavor, organic essential orange oil, and natural mango flavor.
- Tangerine Ginger: A combination of roots, fruits, and herbs creating a vibrant tonic. Organic hibiscus flowers, organic ginger root, organic rosehips, organic licorice root, organic orange peel, organic schizandra berries, organic essential orange oil, and organic tangerine oil.
The high tea experience was our favorite part of this dining and train ride package. All of the savory and sweet foods were excellent, as were the two tea selections we chose from the list of approximately eight different hot teas. The narrator for the train ride was excellent: full of interesting information during the train ride, and very personable. We also enjoyed watching the train engine being turned on the roundtable at the end of the East Chattanooga line. Angela N - TripAdvisor
We did high tea in the tea room above the station along with the train ticket and it was so much fun. The train ride, while short, was very relaxing and informative. We would definitely go back again. Eric K - Google Review
High tea was wonderful. Lots of food although would have preferred less sweet and more savory. Staff was cheerful and pleasant. Would have given 5 stars if not for the super long engine change in East Chattanooga. LightPacker827555 - TripAdvisor
About Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum:
The Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum is a railway museum located in Chattanooga and Delano, Tennessee. It was established in 1961 to preserve and operate historic railway equipment for the education and enjoyment of future generations. The museum features a variety of vintage trains and railcars, including steam locomotives, diesel locomotives, passenger cars, and freight cars. Visitors can experience the history of rail travel through excursions, exhibits, and hands-on activities. The museum operates on a historic rail line, offering scenic rides through the Hiwassee Loop and providing a unique perspective on the region's history and culture. With its rich heritage, educational programs, and engaging events, the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum is a must-visit destination for railway enthusiasts and history buffs alike.
Did you know that when you purchase a ticket with the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum, you are helping to preserve the history of railroads?
As a non-profit organization, it takes a lot of resources to restore and maintain our vintage trains and equipment. In fact, it can cost up to $1.5 million to completely rebuild a steam engine, which must be done every 15 years or sooner. Your support helps us to continue to share this important piece of history with the community. So not only are you enjoying a unique and memorable experience, you are also contributing to the preservation of railroad history.