PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING APPLIES TO THE KEN BURNS COUNTRY MUSIC PATHWAY PROGRAM
PROMOTED THROUGH THE Tennessee Department OF TOURIST DEVELOPMENT
- The Ken Burns County Music Pathway Passport Program “Program” is administered by the State of Tennessee Department of Tourist Development (“Department”). The Program will run for three (3) years from the date of posting on the Department’s website – tnvacation.com. Following the three (3) year timeframe, passports will no longer be accepted to receive promotional souvenirs unless the timeframe is extended by Department.
- Employees of the Tennessee Department of Tourist Development, State of Tennessee departments and agencies and their respective component units may participate in the Program but are not eligible to receive a promotional souvenir.
- While multiple household members may complete passports, only one (1) passport may be submitted per household for promotional souvenir(s).
- Promotional souvenirs are available throughout the three (3) year period but are also limited in quantity, while supplies last.
- Please allow 6-8 weeks to receive your promotional souvenir. Promotional souvenirs will be mailed to the address you provide.
- During checkout, we may ask you to enter your email address or if you would like to receive marketing communications. By providing your email address or by opting-in, you agree to receive State of Tennessee Department of Tourist Development communications. You may unsubscribe at any time.
- The individual stamps received on a passport and the passport itself has no cash value and can only be redeemed through the Tennessee Department of Tourist Development.
- Participants of the Program understand that there is risk to certain activities and participants assume all risk and liability associated with their recreational pursuits along the Pathway within the Program. Participants must check the individual webpages or call for information to those sites on the Program pathway with any questions concerning accessibility and risk.
- Some locations will require admission to collect the passport stamp.
II. Limitations & Restrictions.
- Limitations. Passports cannot be resold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash or combined with another passport.
- Loss. The Department along with its agency or representatives is not liable for lost passports or the contents thereof.
- Reservation. The Department reserves the right to void any stamps on a passport, if the Department determines that the stamp is fraudulent. The Department may at its discretion terminate the Program at any time during the three (3) year initial period.
- Limitation of Liability. DEPARTMENT MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE PROGRAM OR YOUR STAMP BALANCE , INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN THE EVENT A PASSPORT IS LOST, STOLLEN OR MISLAYED THROUGH ANY MEANS, YOUR SOLE REMEDY, AND THE DEPARTMENT’S SOLE LIABILITY, WILL BE TO PROVIDE A NEW PASSPORT WITH NO STAMPS.
- Disputes. The Department and you agree that any dispute resolution proceedings will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated, or representative action.
- Governing Law. When you participate in the Program, you agree that the laws of the State of Tennessee, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these terms and conditions and any dispute that may arise between you and the Department and its affiliates related to your participation in the Program. The Department reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time in its discretion. All terms and conditions are applicable to the extent permitted by law. If any of these terms and conditions is deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that unenforceable term will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining terms and conditions.
III. Reporting Requirements.
- When submitting your passport for the applicable promotional souvenir redemption, the State is required to obtain certain data for IRS informational reporting including your social security number. Your taxpayer ID or social security number is required to comply with IRS reporting requirements. Since you are receiving an item of value, you may be subject to IRS reporting information (i.e. reporting on a Form 1099-MISC). The State will issue a 1099-MISC form to you, if you have been paid at least $600.00 in rents, services, prizes and awards or other income payments. Taxes on the promotional souvenir are solely the responsibility of the recipient.
If you fail to provide the required data within the Mail in Form, unfortunately, the promotional souvenir cannot be provided.
- Customer information, being Name, Social Security Number and Address, is collected for the purpose of processing your order. This information is kept confidential and is not shared except to the limited extent disclosure may be required under applicable law.